Sunday, February 1, 2015

Wait. I Changed My Mind.

I was standing in line at Panera Bread today, looking forward to getting Mac n' Cheese in a bread bowl with a brownie and large soda. This was a rare opportunity. Once every other month my mom will take me to Panera, and I had been looking forward to this one for weeks. As I stood in line, a group of guys about my age came in behind me, and I was suddenly hit with a wave of self-consciousness. When it was my turn to order, I felt so much anxiety from the presence of my peers, I wound up ordering a small salad with no dressing, and a water.  I wasted my much anticipated meal on a stupid pile of leaves all because I didn't want to be perceived as fat or made fun of by complete strangers who probably weren't even paying any attention to me! Ugh. I'm an idiot sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment