Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Why I Never Buy Anything

When I was out shopping because of the great after christmas sales, I wound up in a store that was selling calendars for half price. I picked two of them up because I had been looking to buy a calendar, and continued to carry them around the store for the next hour and a half I was in there. One calendar was one of those day by day tear away things with pictures of weird people seen at Walmart and the other was a bunch of dog pictures. It's like they were handcrafted for me and me alone; they were perfect. But as I continued my shopping, I kept thinking about these five or ten dollar calendars that I was going to buy. That's when I noticed a pattern that always seems to occur when I go shopping. The more time that passed since I picked up the calendars, the more I talked myself out of buying them. It almost always reaches the same conclusion: I put the items back. Well, when I say I put them back I mean that I stick them on the nearest shelf when no one is looking. Still, I can't help but feel each time I go out shopping I hold on to things I'm interested in until I eventually talk myself out of buying them. Other people have to do this too though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment